If you just go for a paddle than you can stop thinking about wanting to go for a paddle.

Friday, July 1, 2011

2011: Post 22 – Mid-year check-in

At the beginning of this year I set some goals for this year’s kayaking season (see 2011: Post 1).  They were:

1)      Do more day paddles than the previous year
2)      Paddle 750 kilometers total in day paddles
3)      Spend at least 100 times in my kayaks; this includes pond practice, St. Philips practices, pool sessions, paddles, etc…
4)      Do at least three camping trips

Yesterday was the half-way point for 2011 and today I checked my progress against last year.  By June 30, 2010 my stats were: 19 paddles covering 327 kilometers, and I had a total of 58 times in my kayaks.

Up to yesterday my progress has been: 16 paddles covering 335 kilometers, one camping trip, and a total of 45 times in my kayaks.

As compared to last year at the end of June, I am a little behind.  I hope that July and August will be kind to me and that I can make up some ground toward reaching some of my kayaking goals for 2011.


Tobias, near Tors Cove (May 7, 2011)



No comments:

Post a Comment