If you just go for a paddle than you can stop thinking about wanting to go for a paddle.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

2012: Post 36 - Bay Bulls

The last time I paddled was Nov 10 when Tony and I took the ferry over to Bell Island (see post 34).  The last time I was on the water was Nov 18 (see post 35) when we had a little bounce in St. Philips on a windy day.  I caught a bad cold just after that day.  It hung on to me like I was it's mother.  I had it long enough I decided to name it Philip.  Well, I had enough of Philip by this weekend, even though he has not quite left me.

The forecast for today was calling for light winds.  Time to pick  up the paddle again.  

The last time I was on the water with Tobias was Oct 14.  I do not think he had paddled since then.  Tony had not paddled for a while either... he nearly cut off his thumb a short while ago!!  So Tobias, Tony, and I met at Bay Bulls this morning for a little run out to South Head.

Some pictures to share...


Tobias

Tony with a sore thump up... He found it difficult to put on the neoprene mitt
so he opted to use a rubber glove over his hand with a wool glove on top of it.
One way or another he was getting on the water today...  it was funny
to watch him trying to pull up his skirt... wish I would of taken a picture.


Put-in at the slipway on a beautiful Sunday morning.

Before long we could feel the effects of some swell coming into the bay

Tobias, happy to be on the water.

The swell a little further out...

... crashed over the rocks.

Tobias

Usually we paddle inside these rocks.  But today we
had to be content to stay outside.  We also were not able
to safely enter the caves in the area today. 

Tobias and Tony at South Head

Although we were only a couple kilometers from the take-out,
we pulled up on a little beach to have a snack on the way back.

All hands, and one with a throbbing thumb,
made it back to the slipway.

 Thanks Tony and Tobias for another fun morning on the water...

Tony has some pics of the day on his blog entry as well...



No comments:

Post a Comment