If you just go for a paddle than you can stop thinking about wanting to go for a paddle.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

2013: Post 30 – Neville, start the truck!


Saturday had arrived!  I had my kayak and gear at the end of the driveway and was waiting for Neville to pick me up for the drive out to Dildo Run Park.



We drove to the TCH Irving Station as planned and were the first ones there.   Shortly after Brian, Hazen, and Tony showed up.  Myself and Neville were sitting in his truck and the other guys were out of their vehicles alongside of Neville's open window.  There was a bunch of chatting going on and after a while I became anxious to get going.  I figured we could chat all we wanted once we got to the park.  So, hoping that the guys would take it as the sign to get in their vehicles and get moving, in a lowered voice I said "Neville, start the truck."  This turned into a bit of a joke during the trip...  Anyway, off we went, stopping for coffee in Clarenville and lunch in Gander before finally arriving at the park....


The guys having another look at the maps
Brian had a hammock that he used for the night.  I had been looking at these on-line wondering how comfortable they would be.  We all had a turn lying in it to try it out and it did feel pretty comfortable. 



We decided to take a little drive, had supper in a restaurant, and drove up to Devils Cove Head.

We would be rounding this headland in a couple days
and it was interesting to see it from both perspectives

Back at the park we had a little fire and a couple drinks before turning in for the night.


I did not sleep well the night before and only had about four hours of broken sleep during this first night in the tent...  


2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the rest of your pics Dean.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took 207 pics, but deleted the badly blurred ones and the ones accidentally taken of nothingness... so I have under 200 to choose from to share...

    ReplyDelete