If you just go for a paddle than you can stop thinking about wanting to go for a paddle.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

2013: Post 43 – Aquaforte Club Paddle


Yesterday Gerard (a.k.a. 'the G-man' or just 'G') led the annual Aquaforte club paddle. There were twenty eight kayaks; one of them a double.  It was a glorious September day with sunshine and warm temperatures.

Since this paddle would be my last weekend paddle until the end of September (I'll be doing the Safe Kayaking  Level 2 course over the next couple weekends...) I was more interested in paddling than taking pictures... But here are nearly half the ones I did take... 




















I have to give credit to the G-man... Club paddles generally have large groups and therefore it tends to take a while to get the group off the beach and on the go, and then larger groups often get strung out once on the water.  G-man said the put-in time would be 10:30 am and I think it was only 10:45 when we were on the water and moving... and G tends to do a good job keeping the group relatively bunched up once we are on the water.   His experience as a kayak guide for one of the local outfitters is a real asset when it comes to leading club paddles.  You da man, G!!


G-man after breaking a Greenland paddle
during the 2011 Paddling Symposium
(I think this is probably my favorite picture I've
taken of G... despite my camera being fogged up)


Also check out Tony's blog entry on the paddle...

No comments:

Post a Comment