If you just go for a paddle than you can stop thinking about wanting to go for a paddle.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

2013: Post 49 – Close to home paddle

It's been two weeks since I have paddled.  Last weekend my forearm and elbow were still sore, and I had a bit of a cold/flu.  And since we did the three day camping trip the prior weekend (see previous post) I did not mind too much taking a weekend off from paddling. The rest did me good.

But I did kind of miss being on the water though, so I did some other kayak-related things. I finished carving my cedar Greenland paddle, tech-washed my drysuit, vacuumed the sand and dirt out of North Cape Jenny, and a few other odds and ends.  I admit that I did spend a bit of time sitting in my shed with my kayaks but I don't think I talked to them out loud... I must have been using my inside voice because nobody showed up with one of those long-sleeved white jackets.  Anyway...

Tony suggested a paddle out of St. Philips for today and that was just fine with me.  He sent an e-mail out and I was surprised when nearly everybody on the list replied saying they were interested.  So ten of us showed up this morning and off we went...

First, there was the gathering at the slipway in St. Philips..



Then there was the paddling...














And then there was the lounging around in the warm sun back at St. Philips...



Thanks to Hazen, Pete, Greg, Tony, Gary, Chris, Derrick, Neville, and Sean for another fun paddle day.


No comments:

Post a Comment