If you just go for a paddle than you can stop thinking about wanting to go for a paddle.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

2014: Post 34 – A finished stretch of coastline

A while age we paddled form Pouch Cove to Bauline... click here for that post, and I have paddled a few times from St. Philips to Brocks Pond Falls.  But I had not paddled the coastline  between Brocks Pond Falls and Bauline.   So for today's paddle Tony suggested we paddle to Bauline, with our start point in Portugal Cove, thus covering the portion of the coastline I had not seen...

Tony, Lev, and I met in Portugal Cove this morning and were soon geared up.  



We had just got on the water and were about to paddle away when we heard a voice calling out... Old Wobbly had decided to join us and so we had a delayed start while he geared up.  



Before long we were a pod of four kayakers heading up the shoreline...




Along the way an eagle flew ahead of us.  I took a bunch of pics, trying to get a good one, but this pic below was about the best I was able to manage...



We were supposed to have wind all day and some rain by lunch time but the weather person was a little off.  There was some gusty spots along the way and the skies remained clear...




We pulled up onto the slipway at Bauline and had our lunch...




A tour bus showed up and one of the ladies came over for a chat.  She was very friendly and quite interested in us kayakers.  She told us of the wonderful time they were having during their visit, how great the weather had been, and how everyone wanted to live here...  Tony gave her a link to his blog and I took a picture of them chatting... and promised she would see herself on my blog if she followed a link from Tony's....  





We finished our lunch and got back on the water for the return trip....







It was another glorious day for a paddle, and the first time I had been in my kayak for two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment