If you just go for a paddle than you can stop thinking about wanting to go for a paddle.

Monday, November 10, 2014

2014: Post 37 – Another November Paddle

On Saturday past there was a plan to spend a couple hours in St. Philips playing in the wind and waves.  I set my alarm... but didn't hear it go off.  Those who know me won't believe it but I had actually slept through my alarm sounding and had slept in!!  By the time I woke up and got on the go I decided to pass on the day.  So I missed the fun but you can see some of it if you check out Tony's blog.

Yesterday I sent out an e-mail to some retired paddlers to see if anyone was interested in paddling today (I had taken today off work).  But all the retired folk were busy with the other things in life.   However, Julie e-mailed that she had an appointment but could meet after lunch, which suited me just fine.... The last time I had seen or paddled with Julie was September 6...

I arrived earlier then our scheduled meeting time at St. Philips and got ready.  Just before I closed up the car my phone rang.  Julie was running late and so I jumped in Jenny and we headed along the shoreline in the direction of Portugal Cove.



We can usually paddle inside these rocks but things were a little messy today.  I sat and watched for a while and almost went for it once or twice when things seemed to calm down a bit.  But I kept thinking if I ended up swimming, or something worse, then Jenny would be left to the perils of the ocean.  So I just took a couple videos instead... 





I paddled on for another while and kept a watch on the time, turning back toward the cove when I figured I had gone far enough.  Julie was just about ready when I got back to the slipway.  She found herself with a second Greenland paddle and without reservation she removed her old Euro (spare) paddle from the deck...  




We turned toward Topsail Beach and chatted as we paddled along...



Julie had a time constraint this afternoon and so when we figured we had gone far enough we turned and started paddling back... 





In no time at all we spotted Tony coming our way.  He had a class today and knew we were paddling.  He decided to get on the water after his class, expecting to meet us along the way...



I took another couple short video clips as we paddled back to the cove...





When we arrived at St. Philips Tony decided his paddle was just too short and he would carry on up to Portugal Cove... You can see the rest of his paddle on his bog entry if you click here.

Julie and I packed up our gear and headed for home... 



No comments:

Post a Comment