If you just go for a paddle than you can stop thinking about wanting to go for a paddle.

Monday, May 16, 2016

2016: Post 17 – Chance Cove

I was out of town last week and, passing Chance Cove on the drive back to town, I thought to myself that it had been quite a while since I had paddled there.  When I checked my e-mails later Hazen had e-mailed suggesting a paddle out of Chance Cove for Sunday's paddle.... funny coincidence.

I checked my log and the last entry I found of a paddle out of Chance Cove was in August of 2013!! 

Ten of us congregated in the little community of Chance Cove and had a spectacular paddle.   Some pics from the day...

Anticipation

Clyde
Shane

Cathy

Tony

Brian

The group

Tony rounding a sea stack

Ron

Lunch beach...
Shane explaining to Brian and Hazen the hazards of being in the surf zone
(See http://islandkayak.blogspot.ca/2016/05/chance-cove.html )

Sue

Derek

Hazen

Tony checking out the rig at Bull Arm

The pictures really do not do the day justice... but when those of us who were there look at them we will remember how fantastic the day's paddle was....

4 comments:

  1. It was an excellent day with stunning scenery and a bit of excitement. I'm surprised you got such a good picture of the Hebron GBS.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got's camera skills... ha ha.. I just zoomed in so I had you in frame and clicked off a couple shots... it did turn out pretty good considering the rig's distance from us...

      Delete
  2. always look forward to reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks David... something I wonder why I bother as it seems pretty much only my regular paddling buddies read these posts and they are on the trip with me anyway... good to hear that other people actually check in to read this stuff...

      Delete