If you just go for a paddle than you can stop thinking about wanting to go for a paddle.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

2017: Post 10 – My first camping trip for the year

On the weekend of June 3rd and 4th a few of us spent some time at the Ruins in Terra Nova River.  We paddled Sat afternoon, camped for the night, and then paddled again on Sunday morning.... 

A couple pics of the guys...

Clyde

Brian and Shane

The walk back to the cars from the take-out

Our campfire for the evening
A few video's of the guys taking turns surfing on a little wave...








------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had a Scarp1 Tarptent for several years now and have been very happy with it.  So when I decided to get a new backpacking tent earlier this year I went back to Tarptent and decided on the Notch.  I brought it to use for the first time on this  particular paddling trip.

My new  Notch
After I set up the tent I went around it tightening things up and heard a "rrrrrip."  The corner of the inner nest had torn!!  I think if the tent was another brand I may have been pissed about it, but I knew that somehow, in some way, Henry Shires (the owner of Tarptent) would take care of me.



On Monday afternoon last week, after the trip, I e-mailed Tarptent and this was the response from Henry Shires... 

"That’s not good. I’ve never seen a tear like that on a Notch corner but maybe the fabric was just too perforated. In any event, I’m sending you another one.  When it arrives would you please post the one back (regular mail) and we’ll reimburse you for the cost."

From the time I initially e-mailed Tarptent on Monday afternoon to when I received a notification that the package was in the U.S. mail, slightly more than two and a half hours had passed!!!  The package showed up at the end of last week. 

Why did I order another Tarptent product when I went looking for a backpacking tent?  The answer is because I have enjoyed my Scarp1 and found it to be a very good product.  Why will I buy another Tarptent product in the future if I buy another tent.  The answer is that I know the Notch will be equally enjoyed as has been the Scarp1, and will prove to be another great product, but now I have also experienced first-hand the customer service that Henry Shires provides to his customers, and how he stands behind his products.


No comments:

Post a Comment